Thursday, January 10, 2013

Fresco's Cocina Mexicana #Review

     Several weeks ago I attended The Burleson Wine Crawl in Burleson, TX!  A local restaurant arranged a special dinner for attending bloggers.  I was excited from the beginning to visit because I LOVE Mexican food! When we lived in Ohio my family frequently visited Taco Bell.  I assumed when we moved to Texas there would be tons of Taco Bell restaurants to visit! Well... you know what happens when you assume something!  Much to my surprise there aren't very many Taco Bell restaurants here in TX because you can get great authentic Mexican food and people refuse to accept a cheap imitation! Fresco's Cocina Mexicana has locations in Burleson and Watauga Texas!
Fresco's Cocina Mexicana has two locations. This restaurant in Burleson and also a location in Watauga Texas! We were seated promptly even though there was a line out the door! After we sat down, our waiter made table side guacamole. Whole fresh foods crafted into a tasty dip right before your eyes.
            Served with an endless supply of warm tortilla chips. Yummy! A frozen margarita, chips and table side guacamole could be a perfect meal for me.  I have a hard time knowing when to stop eating Fresco's chips and guac because its so good!
          For an appetizer we were served bacon wrapped stuffed jalapenos! I'm not a huge fan of spicy things but can't refuse bacon. I took one tiny bite off the tip of the jalapeno and immiediately felt the heat... and then my right eye started to water! If you like hot and spicy these are for you!

           We were served family style, an assortment of Fresco's offerings. My two favorite items were Platos de Costillas -Ribs flavored with a smokey sweet barbeque sauce served with shrimp & Esquites - a Mexican creamed corn in a white butter sauce.  I'm a foodie at heart and have ate some pretty good food during my travels around the country. Fresco's is top caliber for their food.  Platos de Costillas & Esquites has me salivating for more!  This is the type of food you will long for! Spicy and savory with a subtle kick.  By far, the best authentic mexican food in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area!
       Just when I thought I couldn't take another bite. Out came this tray of delicious desserts for us to sample. Sopapillas fluffy and sweet with a drizzle of honey! The cheesecake chimichanga was unbelievably delicious. The contrast in texture between the soft cheesecake filling and the crunchiness of the tortilla sprinkled in cinnamon and sugar was pure heaven. If that isn't sweet enough you can always add a bit of caramel sauce! 

      If your looking for a restauarant where the food is prepared from fresh ingredients Fresco's Cocina Mexicana is the place to visit. A relaxing atmosphere and great food provide a wonderul evening out with family and friends! I have another trip to Burleson  planned for next week and know exactly where I will be visiting for lunch! Do you like mexican food? Have you ever visited Fresco's Cocina Mexicana?

I received a free meal in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband and I live in Lubbock, but every time we're close to Burleson, we make sure and take a trip to Fresco's! It's in a really cute little shopping center, where a train goes by periodically,making it just, I don't know...neat! The managers and wait staff are terrific, and the food is AMAZING! I'm sure they have all kinds of great things on their menu, but once we tried the fajitas, we never had anything else! I am usually a chicken lover (because it's more tender than beef), but NOT here! Their beef fajita meat is incredible, as is the JUMBO bacon wrapped shrimp! Not a fan of guacamole, but they make it fresh at your table, and friends of mine say it is to die for! You MUST go to Fresco's and see for yourself! :o) Rachel H.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree!! Thanks for the recommendation I will try the fajitas on my next visit!

    ReplyDelete