Friday, November 30, 2012

Berry Simple Holiday Craft with Driscoll's Berries

          As you know I'm a huge fan of Driscoll Berries!   I've featured their tasty raspberries, strawberries, and blackberries here on the blog several times.  I was recently approached about participating in their blogger crafting contest!

       I immediately jumped at the chance....then reality set in!   I'm NOT crafty.  
I'm the kid who got lectured in art class because my stick people were unrecognizable.  I'm creative in the kitchen not at making cute craft things.   I can pick a few ingredients and whip up a tasty meal in no time flat.  I knew I was in for a challenge!  Coming up with an idea for this project gave me a little anxiety...I'm not going to fib to you!  The only parameters for the project is to include Driscoll's Berries.  My inspiration was from some of the amazing centerpieces I've seen at weddings.  I wanted to build from that idea and include a little holiday flair!


Items Needed:
3 glass cylinders (width and height of your choice)
1 decorative plate/charger
Gold Christmas Garland
Berry Garland
Red Ribbon
Super Glue
3 Floating Candles
Driscoll's Berries ~ raspberries & blackberries


      I was able to pick up all the items needed for my project at Michael's Craft Store for $25. Keep an eye out for their 40-50% off an item coupons in your Sunday paper.  The green plate was on sale for ONLY $1. The berry and gold garland was on sale for 50% off.  They have amazing sales at Michael's to make your craft project very affordable!

                The first step is to take pieces of the garland and attach them to your glass cylinder.  Most fancy crafters would utilize a hot glue gun! Myself on the other hand improvised with super glue!  After you have attached the gold garland around the glass cylinders stand them upright and wrap red ribbon around the bottom of the two smaller cylinders!  I tied a small red ribbon into a bow around the top of the largest cylinder!  Then insert a cluster of red berries inside each cylinder.

         After sitting for a few minutes to make sure the glue is dried.   Fill up your cylinders with water.  Then gently place a few frozen blackberries and raspberries in each one.  My blackberries were HUGE.   Some the size of a quarter and they promptly sunk to the bottom! I had much better success with the raspberries floating!



    Next step is to place a floating candle in each glass cylinder. A few minutes before your guests arrive light the candles for an exquisite Berry Simple Holiday Craft featuring Driscoll's Berries!  To find other cute ideas for decorating visit Driscoll's Berries!
I was provided with a  crafters kit to facilitate this post. All opinions are my own.       

3 comments:

  1. I think these are beautiful! I am neither crafty nor able to whip up something tasty in 5 minutes with 3 ingredients, so I think you're doing ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty! As a non-crafter, I am always amazed at people who can make things like this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fail at crafts, but I love these!!!

    ReplyDelete