Monday, October 22, 2012

Winter Shoe Shopping ~ Are you prepared?

              Winter is approaching fast. I've started to look around for shoes and clothing for my kids. Anyone who knows me will tell you I'm a planner and a perfectionist! As a mom of 4 kids the only way I can maintain some sense of order with my family is to anticipate my kids needs and plan accordingly!  I'm definitely not one of those moms who takes her kids to the shoe store and lets them wear the new shoes home on their feet!  I normally have their shoes for the next season ready and waiting in their closet!

           Living in Ohio it was essential to purchase Kids Wellies for my two oldest girls. Rainy days were plenitude in the fall and spring. Winter season  meant lots of snow which soon would turn into a slushy watery mess.  The only way to keep your feet dry is to buy cute Wellies!  My girls were quick to school me on the rules. The brighter the color the better and a loud pattern is best.  You definitely don't want to have the same pair of Wellies as any other girl in school.  Your footwear is an extension of who you are and displays your personal style.  So many fashion rules for such little girls!  I wanted them to feel comfortable and chic.   I came to an agreement with my youngest daughter on the pair pictured above.  The colors are a nice blend of her favorites!

      My other daughter is a huge animal lover! She proclaims she will be a veterinarian when she grows up. Her favorite animal is a cat!  She loves anything Hello Kitty!  When she found these Wellies it was love at first sight!  No need to search any further! Her mind was made up. These are a must have for her!
      
               I'm a subtle person and would prefer to purchase plain white  shoes or boots for the kids. My husband is the exact opposite and loves loud bold colors. His favorite pair of shoes growing up were bright red running shoes! My son really love camo colored items. I found two different pairs I thought he might be interested in!

          Which pair do you prefer? My son thought about it for quite a while. I thought was hilarious!  He would come look over my shoulder to see them on my laptop, then go play for a while only to come right back again to take another look!  He finally picked the grey, black, and red camo wellies on the right!  They are my favorite also!

       I have found the most important thing when shopping for shoes is to let your child have input into the  selection.  I pick two or three options and then let my kids make the final choice. This ensures I'm able to find high quality shoes that will last and also allows me to control how much money is spent per child!  Have you started shoe shopping for your children for winter?


This is a sponsored post I received monetary compensation for. All opinions contained are my own.

13 comments:

  1. I love the black and red camo boots!

    C has a pair of rain boots and wears them OFTEN, but it really doesn't rain enough here to NEED them.

    I definitely agree - I pick out a few options and let my kids have the final say in what they want based on my options!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those camo ones are great! My boys would love those.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that you can get for boy or girls. I do think the camo are the best choice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything with Hello Kitty (or "Mimi", as she calls her) is a hit in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mine are a bit older but she has declared her new thing is to start a collection of converse....I may be in trouble

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are so many to choose from, I love the camo ones (and my son would too!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. We don't really have much in the way of winter here in south Texas but we do have plenty of rain! I need some boots for my son!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We don't have much of any weather here but my kids love playing in their boots when it does rain. I'll have to check out their selection and see if any catch my children's eye!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We don't have rain boots currently but my kids talk about it each day it rains so I need to take the plunge and purchase them. Those are too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simple answer, no, I am not prepared! Love these choices though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the black and red camo too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. My 2 year old lives in a raincoat and galoshes - even in our 90 degree Texas "fall" - nothing else, either - JUST a raincoat and wellies. She'd love these choices! She has a whole collection and wants more!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are adorable! My son is 3 and is at home with me, so I'm pretty clueless with toddler fashion, I admit. One of my big fears is being the uncool mom, so posts like these educate me! I love that you're organized enough to have next season's shoes already in their closets.

    ReplyDelete