Tuesday, October 23, 2012

See's Candies San Antonio TX Grand Opening!

        See's Candies just opened this past weekend at The North Star Mall in San Antonio, TX!  My daughter and I were invited to come check out the new store and sample some of their amazing chocolates!
      My favorite movie is Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory!  I felt like I stepped directly into his world.  The case pictured behind my daughter was filled with every chocolate concoction!  My favorite is the Pecan Bud ~ pecans and vanilla caramel smothered in chocolate!! YUMMY!
     Are you a fan of the tv show I Love Lucy? Did you know the iconic conveyor belt scene was filmed at See's chocolate factory in California?  We were surprised to learn we would be given a chance to replicate the scene!  A friendly contest to see which blogger could pack a box of chocolates the fastest.  It soon became uber competitive because there was chocolate at stake for the winner!
         This video of my daughter and some of the other guests packing their boxes full of chocolate was hilarious. I will tell you folks its not nearly as easy as it looks! I have a whole new found respect for the employees at See's Candies who hand pack each and every box!



Most Popular See's Candies items:
California Brittle - hard toffee w/ almonds
Bordeaux- brown sugar buttercream
Almond Bud - roasted almonds and caramel
Pecan Bud - pecans and vanilla caramel


     See's Candies has been in business for 91 years. A family owned company using only the freshest ingredients to satisfy your sweet tooth! See's Candies makes 31 million pounds of chocolates per year! The good news is each visitor to a See's Candies store will receive a free sample.  Over 1 million samples are given out per year! That's impressive!

    See's Chocolate is one of my favorites because their chocolate doesn't contain high fructose corn syrup or artificial dyes.  All but one item in the entire store is gluten-free!



         My daughter and I had a great time and can't wait to visit See's Candies in San Antonio again!  Have you visited a See's Candies store? What is your favorite chocolate treat?

2 comments: