Tuesday, September 11, 2012

A Murderer Destroyed My Family This Weekend


  
      This weekend my family was forever changed.  My cousin Heather and her two small babies were discovered dead in their home saturday night.  Her body was found in her bed and her two babies were found in the closet. All three had been strangled to death.  Yesterday, Curtis Clinton was charged with all three murders.  My family was shocked to find out he strangled another woman in 1999. He served 13 years in prison and had only been out on the streets for a little over 6 months.  This same man allegedly raped a girl in his apartment last week. I'm shocked, horrified and in disbelief.  How could someone, another human being do this?  We are now left with so many questions and so much sadness.  Three lives taken from us way to soon.

      Heather was my cousin on my dad's side of the family. My stepmom and her mom were very close friends.  We spent quiet a bit of time together when I was younger.  She loved to carry her blanket around and suck her thumb, while holding a cotton ball in her hand.   It was comforting to her and I remember my uncle playfully teasing her about it.   She was everything to him.  She would smile at him and he would just melt like butter. 

     When my dad passed in 2004 she asked if she could read at poem at his services, she had written.  It was beautiful.  Her love and support during one of the roughest times in my life I will never forget.  Heather and all of my family is in Ohio,  I am in Texas.  We have talked  and stayed in contact on Facebook.  I loved seeing the pictures of her while she was pregnant and as her babies have grown.  Now, we are only left with their memories.  I talked to my aunt and uncle last night and the pain in their voice was gut wrenching. 

Heather and her babies will be laid to rest on my birthday, Thursday September 13, 2012

Please keep my family and especially my Aunt Jody & Uncle Herb in your prayers.

56 comments:

  1. OMG! I'm praying that this monster gets the death penalty! So terrible!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I'm praying that this monster gets the death penalty! So terrible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our family will be happy with nothing less than the death penalty. Since writing this post 2 other rape victims have come forward. It's unbelievable he was allowed on the streets to perpetrate so many violent attacks...

      Delete
  3. RIP Heather BeBe and Fat man ;( I've known heather since 5th grade we went to MARGARETTA together I used to spend the night with herb n Jodi she taught me how to make eggs in the microwave lol she was always so bubbly and smiley and her babies were just so precious and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for sharing your memories! She was always so happy and her smile was contagious!

      Delete
  4. I am so sorry, this is horrible. Prayers for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so sorry, this is horrible. Prayers for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is just horrible. May he get what he deserves...and more...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marla, I am so sorry for your loss and this senseless death of your family members. I can only imagine the horror and pain you and your family members are going through at this time and the hole in your heart that will not be able to mend for a life time. I can not understand how someone who took a life previously was ever let out on the streets again. My heart goes out to you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having a hard time trying to rationalize that also.... seems so senseless

      Delete
  8. I'm so so sorry, Marla. Your family is in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. My family appreciates your prayers

      Delete
  9. Marla, I am so sorry for your loss. I wish I had some words for you, but I do have two get ears if you ever need to use them. Sending prayers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you so much I appreciate your prayers

      Delete
  10. I am so sorry-she is just a beautiful person and those little ones are darling. This hurts my heart.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree we are trying to understand something that will never make sense...

      Delete
  11. Praying now for you and your whole family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Prayers and thoughts go out to you and your family......

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marla, I am so sorry to read this, saying a prayer for you and family right now. There are no answers to explain that kind of evil. Cling to your surviving family through this devastating loss. Praying that your birthday will be filled with beautiful memories of them and you will feel your cousin's and her daughters' spirits. God bless

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the birthday wishes. We are a huge family and somehow we will make it through this tragedy together.

      Delete
  14. I am so sorry for your losses to this horrific crime. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers

      Delete
  15. I am so sorry you and your family are having to deal with this. May this man be Punished and I know it is going to be the wors Birhtday ever for you but Please know she is in Heaven and at least they are all together. I am sending many Prayers to her family. Please know I am here if you ever need to talk, scream or just have someone sit and not say a word.

    ReplyDelete
  16. {HUG} MARLA!! {HUG} I am so sorry you have to deal with this - especially from this distance.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am so very sorry to hear this. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this sad time.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Im so sorry that your family has to live with this. Im praying for peace and healing during this time and for the months to come. Hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. You and your family are in my prayers. I am truly sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  20. :(
    This is awful.
    I'm so sorry.
    I look at their faces and just want to cry and I don't even know them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is truly unimaginable how anyone could do something so horrific to her and her innocent babies

      Delete
  21. I am so sorry..that is just horrible

    ReplyDelete
  22. That is so horrible,shocking and unbelievable. Sending prayers to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  23. My family will be praying for your family. I'm so sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just read this right now, and I am so shocked and angry! How could they let this monster out of prison! Three beautiful people were taken too early! I am so sorry! I am so sorry! My prayers and love are sent your way! Please tell your Aunt and Uncle that they are in my prayers! You are in my prayer! God Bless you! I am so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen I appreciate your prayers. It really is shocking he was allowed to roam the streets. Two additional rape victims have came forward since I wrote this post.

      Delete
  25. I'm sorry for your loss. Your family in my prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending prayers and hope your way.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh, Honey! This is just unfathomable. Our hearts are with you.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Marla,
    I am so sorry for this tragedy. My family and I will keep you all in our prayers. Much love and light coming your way.

    ReplyDelete
  29. This is such a horrible thing to happen and my thoughts & my prayers go out to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers

    ReplyDelete