Saturday, April 21, 2012

Green Mountain Coffee Review

           Green Mountain Coffee is my favorite organic coffee, so I thought it would be a natural fit for The Green Guide! The folks at Green Mountain Coffee were super generous to send me a sample to review.  I was sent Green Mountain Coffee Organic Ethiopian Yiracheffe, which can be bought at your local store or online for $9.49 per bag!  I could smell the coffee scent before I even opened the box!  That smell is so invigorating to me! I get up each morning at 4:45am with my husband to help get him out the door for work, then sit down to enjoy a cup of coffee before I get my 4 kids up and ready for school. I normally choose a dark blend Columbian roast. The stronger the better, but i was pleasantly surprised by the light fruity undertones followed by a smooth satisfying finish! I now realize the difference in the taste depending on the roast profile, and will now longer focus only on a dark roast.

Green Mountain Coffee is Fair Trade Certified and Organic which means:
  • Farmers are guaranteed a fair price for their harvest
  • Promotes sustainable farming practices
  • Crops are grown and harvested without the use of harmful chemicals
According to the Green Mountain Coffee website:
  • Each year they donate to more than 1200+ nonprofit organizations
  • Employees are paid for 6.5 days of work for providing community service
  • Supports local and global community projects
          Great tasting coffee from a company intent on preserving the earth and encouraging an nurturing a relationship with the farmers who harvest the crops!  Green Mountain Coffee is brewing a better world one cup at a time!

Connect with Green Mountain Coffee on Facebook & Twitter!
I received a sample to facilitate this review. All opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment