Monday, March 19, 2012

Summer Dreaming with Mario Camacho Foods

  
        Summer is my favorite time of the year! One thing synonymous with summer in our house is grilling.  I love the smokey flavor and aroma your food gets from the grill.   A nice meal made from the grill and some good company makes a perfect day. It's spring time but with this crazy weather it's feels alot like summer. So I decided to recreate my favorite summer meal. It's cheap to make, feeds quite a few people and feature two awesome products from one of my favorite companies, Mario Camacho Foods!

 For dinner, I picked up some chicken legs.  The dark meat contains more zinc and vitamin B. Plus at $0.97 a pound it is super affordable!  I seasoned them with some salt and pepper, then cooked them low and slow on the grill. After about 20 minutes, I began to lather them with ~ The Jug Barbeque Sauce! This sauce is spot on! I loved the salty/sweet blend with just enough kick in the background from vinegar and spices! I'm picky about barbeque suace and traditionally add several ingredients of my own to get the right flavor.
The JUG barbecue sauce is perfect right out of the jug and onto the meat! You can order a 2 pack of 21oz bottles directly from Mario Camacho Foods online store for $6.58!!
For a side dish to go with my chicken, I decided to make homemade baked beans featuring Mario 100% Real Bacon Crumbled Pieces. A word to the wise....soak your beans overnight. I used a bag of dried navy beans but you can use any type of bean you prefer. These are the remaining ingredients I added:
1/4 cup  molasses
1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
1/2 cup ketchup
2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
1/4 cup brown sugar

      Keep in mind you can vary the amounts to suite your taste. I love sweet and smoky beans ! I added one 2.5oz  bag of Mario Real Bacon crumbled pieces.  They save so much time and you don't have to worry about cleaning up a greasy pan, etc.  Mario 100% Real Bacon crumbled pieces are a perfect addition to your salads, baked potatoes, and omlets.  The bag is uber convenient and reseals itself allowing you to use a little or alot!!
 Tasty and delicious! If you would like to purchase any of the items mention you can visit the Mario Camacho Online Store or click here to find them in  a store near you!
 
                     Connect with Mario Foods on Facebook and Twitter!
I received a sample to facilitate this review! All opinions are my own!

No comments:

Post a Comment