Saturday, November 12, 2011

Sweet Cinnamon Wheat Thins Review

                Wheat Thins has launched a limited edition flavor - Sweet Cinnamon.  When contacted for the chance to sample the new flavor, I was excited and intrigued. I'm a snacking kind of girl by nature. 

           It takes me a while to "get my eyes open" in the morning. I normally don't eat breakfast until after I get hubby off to work and drop the kids off to school. A late breakfast means I'm hungry around 1:30.   If I eat a normal lunch then I'm not hungry for dinner at 5PM.  We rarely eat out and I like to keep a fixed time schedule for dinner especially with the kids after school schedule and bedtime.  With that being said, when hunger strikes at 1:30, I love to grab some crackers and cheese. But, I also love my sweets!!!

     Sweet Cinnamon Wheat Thins are the perfect blend of sweet and salty.  The smoky sweet blend of the cinnamon followed by the saltiness of the Wheat Thin was very tasty!  I love cinnamon and Wheat Thins so this marriage is a Nabisco home run in my book.

This recipe is printed on the back of the box:

Hot Apple & Ham Cheese Dip
Ingredients:
1 8oz. pkg. Philadelphia Cream Cheese,softened
1 c. Kraft Finely Shredded Cheddar Cheese, divided
4 slices Oscar Mayer Honey Ham, finely chopped
1 cup chopped apples
1 Tbsp. chopped chives
  Wheat Thins Sweet Cinnamon Snacks

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Mix cream cheese, 1/2 cup cheddar and ham
Spread mixture into the bottom of a greased 8-inch pie plate
Bake for 15 minutes
Top with apples and remaining cheese, then bake for 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Sprinkle with chives and serve Sweet Cinnamon Wheat Thins.

                     Sweet Cinnamon Wheat Thins are perfect to snack on right out of the box when the crunch is calling! I'm excited to gather the ingredients to make Hot Apple & Ham Cheese Dip.  I haven't came across a recipe with cinnamon,apples, and ham in it, that my family didn't absolutely love.  Sweet Cinnamon Wheat Thins are a limited edition flavor, but I'm hoping Nabisco will decide to make them a permanent flavor available year round.

I was provided a sample in exchange for my opinion. All opinions stated are my own.

4 comments:

  1. What's up to every body, it's my first visit of
    this web site; this webpage carries amazing and genuinely good material
    for readers.
    Also see my page: green coffee bean extract canada

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know so much about this, like
    you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you could do with a few pics
    to drive the message home a bit, but instead of
    that, this is magnificent blog. A great read.
    I will certainly be back.
    Feel free to visit my blog post digital slr cameras for sale

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woah! I'm really enjoying the template/theme of this website. It's simple, yet effective.
    A lot of times it's tough to get that "perfect balance" between user friendliness and visual appearance. I must say you've
    done a excellent job with this. Also, the blog loads very quick for me on Firefox.
    Exceptional Blog!
    Also visit my blog post ; reborn dolls

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its such as you learn my thoughts! You seem to know a lot about this, such as you wrote the
    e-book in it or something. I think that you just can do with some p.
    c. to force the message home a little bit, but other than that, this
    is wonderful blog. A fantastic read. I will certainly be back.
    Also see my web page > acid reflux remedies

    ReplyDelete