Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Story Builder Toys Road Riders Pickup Truck Review

 Story Builder Toys is a family run business out of Oklahoma featuring hand made wooden toys!  A husband and wife team with their young son creating beautiful wooden trucks, trains, and planes.
                       My son and I received this super cool, Story Builder Toys Road Riders Pickup Truck! to review!  Immediately after I opened the box, my son swiped it out of my hands and began playing with it.

                 Over the past couple of years I've  started purchasing more classic toys.   The main reason being ~  One year for Christmas, I scoured the newspaper ads for the latest and greatest toys.  Got out of bed super early on Black Friday, braved the crowds to score all the deals.  I wanted my kids to have the best Christmas ever.  The morning they opened their presents, they thought their gifts were cool.   My husband and I did not.  It took us 3 hours to removed all of the twist ties and other packaging from all of these toys.  While we were doing that, my kids played happily with the cardboard boxes all those toys came in. All the while ignoring the actual  gifts!   Electronic toys are only so amusing, after you have seen Tickle Me Elmo laugh once or twice, it just gets really old after that. 

                   I've realized after watching my son play with classic items like Story Builder Toys Road Riders Pickup Truck!  His imagination is his only limits.  Each time I watch him play with his Road Riders Pickup Truck, he has a whole different scenario, one day he is driving just like his daddy does and he is going to work. A different day he is taking his Story Builder Toys Road Riders Pickup Truck  to the grocery story like mom does, because he wants to buy a pack of gum!
  I found this truck to be very durable.  It's a tradition in my family to pass wooden toys on down through the generations, and I expect to do the same with this toy!   The details on the truck including the wheels and headlights are so cute, along with the removable wooden driver.  The wood used to make the truck is very smooth and contain no rough edges.  Story Builder Toys Road Riders Pickup Truck retails for $25 and is worth every penny.  Created and manufactured right here in the great U.S.A.
If you would like more information on the toys available, visit http://www.storybuildertoys.com/  You can also connect with Story Builder Toys on Facebook and Twitter!

I was provided a sample in exchange for my opinion. All views expressed our my own.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing the review Marla, glad your son loved the truck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Classic toys made in the USA, hooray!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE classic toys - as much as I love the "hottest" toys, I think classic is the way to go! :)

    residentmayor at satx.rr.com

    ReplyDelete