Friday, November 11, 2011

Seventh Generation ~Nature Makes Perfect Scents Sweepstakes!


           Some of God's greatest gifts are the simple pleasures in life.  The ability to taste and smell ~ bring an array of new experiences. It's amazing how the faintest wift of a smell can transport you in time.

              For several years, I worked at a department store in the mall.  I loved to smell all of the different fragrances and scents. The night I met my husband for the first time. I immediately recognized his cologne, and told him the name of it. He looked at me as if I was crazy, but agreed that was what he was wearing.  That was 14 years ago.  As I walk through the mall, every now and then, I will smell that same familiar fragrance.  Each time that smell triggers a smile as I recall the night that changed my life. We have been inseparable since then.

           Through my journey of change, I've realized the majority of scents are manufactured in man-made laboratories. Those commercial scents are the triggers for irritating skin conditions and aggravate allergies.  Living an all natural lifestyle has encouraged me to look for delightful scents in everyday items, like spices,herbs and fruits.  

                          One of my favorite and most recognizable scents from nature is pine.  The scent of pine, brings back so many memories of my family, sharing, and the holidays.  The amazing scent of a fresh cut Christmas tree is magical to me. The smell of pine transports me back to Christmas morning as a child.  The house filled with many relatives, enjoying good food and conversation.  There are many other scents of nature, I truly enjoy! The citrus smell of a lemon to get your eyes wide open in the morning, as you enjoy a cup of tea, is refreshing.  Lavender reminds me of days when I was a child.  My grandma would allow me to roam the lavender fields.  I would pick the lavender and place it behind my ear to make my hair smell fabulous. 


Seventh Generation's line of natural dish liquid is inspired by all natural scents.  The next time you purchase Seventh Generation dish liquid, you can select from these all natural choices:
  • Lavender
  • Fresh Citrus & Ginger
  • Lemongrass & Clementine Zest
  • Free & Clear
                  Seventh Generation is sponsoring the Nature Makes Perfect Scents sweepstakes!  Win trip for two to visit a region where lavender, lemons, and clementines grow plentiful!  You can choose your destination. Visit Vermont - Seventh Generation's home state or choose France and Italy. Both regions are appealing each in their own way.  I would choose France/Italy! Where would you like to travel to experience ~ Nature Makes Perfect Scents?

Visit http://www.seventhgeneration.com/scents to enter to win!

“I wrote this blog post while participating in the SocialMoms and Seventh Generation blogging program, for a gift card worth $50. For more information on how you can participate, click here.”

No comments:

Post a Comment