Friday, November 18, 2011

ICKEE STIKEEZ Review

     Like most, I like to think I'm a cool mom.  More often then not, I'm reminded how out of touch I am with new "hip" clothes and toys.  I heard about ICKEE STIKEEZ through a friend on Twitter.  My kids love stickers, so I figured I could get the low down on the new fad.  Then, I got a magical email offering the opportunity for my kids to review, ICKEE STIKEEZ.  The mailman delivered them.  As soon as I opened the package, my girls were literally screaming,"Mom, YOU got ICKEE STIKEEZ"  Yep!! I earned major mom cool points that day.

          When we opened the package, I realized I assumed they were stickers.  Well, you know what happens when you assume.... ICKEE STIKEEZ aren't stickers, they are little "wacky and whimsical" characters, with a small suction cup on the bottom. The suction cup enables them to stick to any flat surface.  Your imagination is the limit. Walls, lockers, windows, I even have one stuck on my laptop looking at me right now. They are encapsulated in stacking PODZ.  PODZ remind me of the cool little plastic capsule you would get a toy in ~ out of the 25 cent machine at the front of a grocery store.
           ICKEE STIKEEZ have 24 characters in Series 1, with additional Series to be released, making the highly collectible.  Sold in a single pack for $1.25 or a triple pack for $2.99.  The triple pack includes a coin with a code. This code allows you to log on to www.ickeez.com to find out additional information about your character's back story and access to ICKEE swag.

      My kids and I thought the characters were cute in their own crazy, silly way.  It was fun creating different shapes interlocking the PODZ, and hearing the unique POP when you pull them off a flat surface.  The price point is VERY affordable.  My kids love to gather and collect things.  A trait, I'm sure my husband was secretly hoping they didn't inherit from me.  The upside is ICKEE STIKEEZ are roughly the size of a quarter, so they don't take up a large amount of space.  ICKEEZ STIKEEZ was voted as a ~ Dr. Toy 100 Best Children's Products of 2011.  These will make a great stocking stuffer for Christmas and I promise you will earn major "cool mom" points! Visit www.ickeez.com to find them in a store near you!

Connect with ICKEE STIKEEZ on Facebook and Twitter!

I was sent a sample in exchange for my opinion.  All views contained are purely my own. 

        

3 comments:

  1. We LOVVVVVVEEE Ickee Stickeez!! I think it's so awesome that you got a review package full of them! You know those Cottonelle toilet paper covers? We use one of those for "storage" for our Ickees and their pods! :)

    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hola! I've been reading your website for a long time now and finally got the courage to go ahead and give you a shout out from Porter Tx! Just wanted to tell you keep up the great job!
    My blog : all about errol denton

    ReplyDelete