Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Fischer & Wieser Gourmet Foods Review

Fischer & Wieser, is a specialty foods company located west of Austin in scenic Fredericksburg, Texas.      Created by two family over 40 years ago, they live by the motto ~ Create a quality product and loyal customers will embrace it.  Fischer & Wieser's flagship product ~ The Original Roasted Raspberry Chipotle Sauce® is the number one specialty condiment sold in Texas.

For my review I was able to select a few products to sample.  Fischer & Wieser Das Peach Haus Peach Salsa immediately caught my eye.
Das Peach Haus Peach Salsa has won 2 awards:
1st Place - Salsa - NNFA People's Choice Awards, 2003
2nd Place - Salsa, Hot Sauce & Chutney: Fruit - Food Distribution Magazine, 2001

                     As soon as I tasted it it was apparent,  why it is an award winner.   The sweet and spicy combination is spot on.  It contains big chunks of peaches.   The jalapenos give off a little heat.   I enjoyed my salsa with tortilla chips.  I also poured the salsa over grilled chicken for dinner on another night.  Two tablespoons of salsa contains only 20 calories.  The salsa is made up of 9 ingredients and contains all natural ingredients. Nothing artificial!!   It's very versatile and not overly spicy....  Loved it!!
    I have been a huge fan of apple butter,  since I was a little girl.   I have fond memories of picking apples right off the trees and then making homemade apple butter.    I was eager to sample Fischer & Wieser Pecan Apple Butter.  The ingredients consist of applesauce,sugar,pecans and spices.  The pure apple flavor comes through in each bite.  The bits of pecans,  on my biscuit pictured above,  offset the sweetness of the apples and spices.   Pecan apple butter was so tasty on my breakfast biscuit.  You can also warm it a bit, then spread over pound cake or use as a topping for ice cream.  Pecan apple butter will satify your sweet tooth!
 
I can't tell you hw many times I've craved pie but didn't want to put all the effort into baking one.   Fischer & Wieser takes all the work off your hands.  Harvest Apple & Brandy  Pie Filling contains big pieces of apples, cinnamon, sugar and just a smidge of brandy to give it a little extra oomph.  I literally poured it into a pre-made pie crust and baked it.  A sweet, decadent, and  Easy - Peasy dessert made in no time flat.





One of my favorite home style meals is meatloaf.  It's hearty and goes along way when your trying to feed 4 kids.  I decided to use Fischer & Wieser Chipotle Chile Ketchup to spice up my regular meatloaf.

This is my recipe for spicy meatloaf:
1 pound lean ground beef
1 pound sausage
2 eggs
1 cup bread crumbs
1/2 cup Fischer & Wieser Chipotle Chile Ketchup

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line the inside of a 9x13 baking dish with foil.
Combine all ingredients. Blend well, shape into a loaf and place in the pan.  Spread additional Chipotle Chile Ketchup, over the top of your meatloaf.  Cover with foil.  Crimp the bottom foil around the edges, creating a seal with the top piece of foil.   This seal keeps the steam in and makes the meatloaf nice and juicy!  Bake for 45 minutes to an hour. Allow to rest for 5 minutes. Add additional chipotle chili ketchup if desired.


Fischer & Wieser Chipotle Chili Ketchup made my boring meatloaf go from drab to fab.  The extra little kick from the peppers made the meatloaf so flavorful.   It was so delicious.  The chipotle chili ketchup can also be used on burgers or as a spicy condiment for your french fries.  All of the Fischer & Wieser products I sampled were amazing!  They produce many other specialty items, in  addition to these products.  For more information visit The Fischer & Wieser website.  All products are available to be ordered online.  Youi can also follow Fischer & Wieser on Twitter and Facebook!

The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely mine. I was provided a free sample in exchange for my opinion

1 comment:

  1. Your meatloaf looks yummy! New follower from the shespeaks blogger society (following you on twitte also as wvmommy11). Have a great day and you can find me at

    http://wvfrugal-wvsaver.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete