Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Bolthouse Farms Review

Bolthouse Farms, started as a farming operation in Michigan in 1915.  According to their website, "Bolthouse Farms® believes in taking responsibility for preserving both the land it farms and the environment in which we all live."  Several steps have been taken to be environmentally friendly in their farming operation.   Solar panels are used to reduce emissions and generate energy for the pumps to water the fields. 

Bolthouse Farms Stewardship of the Land program encapsulates our efforts to:
  • Minimize carbon footprint
  • Maximize efficient use of inputs
  • Minimize farming footprint required to meet demand
  • Exceed federal, state, and local Good Agricultural Practices requirements


                    Several years ago, when I was pregnant with my oldest daughter, I completely cut out all caffeine.  I went looking for a healthy drink and discovered,  Bolthouse Farms.   I love smoothies!!  As much as I don't like to admit it, it seems like a hassle to make my own, especially when I was pregnant.  Bolthouse Farms, in a healthy alternative.
              
                          My favorite smoothie is Strawberry Banana. The Berry Boost Smoothie, is also very tasty. It is a perfect blend of 5 different berries and banana puree.  The Green Goodness is a blend of apples, kiwis, mangos, bananas, pineapples, dragon fruit, wheat grass,spirulina, and blue-green algae.  It contains 14 different nutrients and healthy green phytonutrients.  The color looked a little strange to me at first, but I was willing to try anything to ensure the health of my unborn baby.  I am so glad,  I did.  It really is yummy.  The smoothie isn't to sweet or sour, just refreshing.   My kids love the taste.  They call it swamp juice, because of the color.  That's fine with me.  Guests at our house, look at me a little funny though ,when the kids ask for swamp juice!

I love Bolthouse Farms Smoothies especially because they are

  • Contains no preservatives and nothing artificial added.
  • Flash pasteurized and cold-filled for longer shelf life and superior nutrition.
  • 100% Juice, 100% Natural and no sugar added.
  • Gluten free.
All products are packaged in recyclable materials. If you are interested in finding Bolthouse Farms products near you, click here.

The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely mine. I was provided a free sample in exchange for my opinion

No comments:

Post a Comment