Tuesday, June 14, 2011

TCHO Pro Organic Fair Trade Baking Drops Review

                It's no surprise that I adore chocolate. It's hard to find people who actually don't like the smooth and rich taste of chocolate. I'm a fan of milk chocolate but prefer dark chocolate for its health benefits. In my Whole Foods, Christmas gift box, I received, a small box of chocolates made by TCHO in San Fransisco, California. I was intrigued by the cute little squares. Each one is name for its unique flavor characteristics -Citrus”, “Nutty”, “Fruity”, and “Chocolatey. I was able to compare and contrast to find my specific flavor profile that I enjoyed most.
                    TCHO, also has organic baking drops. They are, Martha Stewart, approved so I figured I would like them also. The kids were so excited when I opened the chocolate! They wanted to taste it. I was afraid the wouldn't like it because 66% cacao dark chocolate can sometimes be bitter. The baking drops were amazing. If I didn't promise to make brownies The kiddos & I would have been quite content to much the chocolate straight out of the package.

On the back of the package is this recipe for Deep Chocolate Brownies:
Brownies

(Recipe courtesy of Emily Luchetti, award-winning Executive Pastry Chef and cookbook author)

8 ounces TCHO 68% Cacao Baking Drops, finely chopped
5 ounces (10 tablespoons) unsalted butter
1 1/4 cups sugar
3 large eggs
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder

Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch baking pan and line it with parchment paper. Melt the chocolates and butter in a double boiler over hot water. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and sugar. Whisk in the melted chocolate mixture. Sift together and then stir in the flour, salt, baking powder, and cocoa powder. Spread the batter in the prepared pan. Bake until a skewer inserted in the center, comes out fudgy and not dry, about 20 minutes. Let cool to room temperature. Run a knife around the inside edge of the pan. Place a cutting board on top of the pan. Invert the pan and board. Remove the pan and carefully peel off the parchment paper.



I love to make tasty treats for my family made with high quality ingredients!! These brownies & TCHO chocolate are a favorite in my house. The smooth rich chocolate flavor is truly decadent.

The brownies turned out so rich and moist. The flavor of the brownies is so chocolaty, you can tell they are homemade with high quality chocolate.
If you would like to purchase TCHO Chocolate, click here. If you would like to see other chocolate recipes available, click here.
The views and opinions expressed on this blog are purely mine. I was provided a free sample in exchange for my opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment