Thursday, June 23, 2011

Equal Exchange Fairly Traded Coffee Review

Equal Exchange was created in 1986, as a way to bring small farmers and consumers together . They partner with small farmers who use sustainable farming methods.  According to their website- 
Today, we continue to find new and powerful ways to build a better food system. We partner with co-operatives of farmers who provide high-quality organic coffees, teas, chocolates, bananas and snacks from all over the world. Together we can create stronger local communities, a more just food system and a healthier planet.

  Equal Exchange ~Our Guiding Principles
  • Trade directly with democratically organized small farmer cooperatives.
  • Facilitate access to credit for producer organizations.
  • Pay producers a guaranteed minimum price that provides a stable source of income as well as improved social services.
  • Provide high quality food products.
  • Support sustainable farming practices.
  • Build a democratically-run cooperative workplace.
  • Develop more environmentally-sound business practices.
The mission and goals of Equal Exchange are phenomenal. I feel we need more corporations in the world to take the same approach. The results would be amazing and inspiring, not to mention the health benefits for generations to come.

            I have used Equal Exchange products for several years now and the quality is superb! As a mother I four kids, all under the age of ten, you can imagine the amount of energy it takes to stay on top of everything!     I like to start my mornings with a few cups (yes a few) of Equal Exchange Organic French Roast . The flavor is robust, its a dark roast and is full bodied. It's the most heavenly flavored, and perks me up bright and early to get my day started right. I love the flavor & organic is important to me. I don't want a bunch of chemicals in my coffee to distract me from the rich coffee flavor I crave! On lazy Sunday mornings I prefer Equal Exchange Organic Love Buzz coffee for its smooth taste. Its very velvety on the palate and I like to enjoy it with a scone or boscotti! I just placed an order on their website,  I  refuse to run out!!!  I have loved all their products and highly recommend them! Do you have a favorite Equal Exchange product?

No comments:

Post a Comment